- (608) 254-7515
Birchcliff Resort FAQ
Check-in time is 4-7 PM CST. Check-out time is 10:30 AM CST. Early check-in requests may be made the day before or morning of your arrival date and, if at all possible, will be granted. Please call to check for availability. Check-out times can not be extended but you are welcome to remain on property and enjoy yourselves after you have checked out/returned your room keys to the front desk. No person that is not staying with us may be on site.
Depending on your needs you may consider bringing additional coffee, creamer, sugar, paper towels and/or napkins. Beach towels and lawn chairs are also a good idea. You may want to consider bringing your sports equipment although we do provide standard equipment for most of our outdoor activities.
The resort supplies sheets, blankets, pillows, soap, toilet paper, bath towels, dish soap and washcloths along with the kitchen/kitchenette items.
Those cabins with kitchens have a refrigerator/freezer, stove top for light cooking, microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, pots, pans, dishes, utensils, dish soap and dish towels. Cabins with kitchenettes come with all of the above but have a mini refrigerator instead of a full-sized one.
For guests staying 5 or more nights housekeeping will come in every 3rd day to vacuum, clean the bathroom and change the linens. Extra towels are provided in each cabin and we would be happy to provide more upon request during your stay. Garbage/recycling stations are also conveniently located around the resort.
Cabins do not have individual campfire areas. The main campfire area, where fires are held nightly free of charge for ALL resort guests, is in a central location and surrounded by comfortable chairs. There are additional campfire areas located near the old-time cabins and behind the pool house area which can be reserved for a $25 fee by guests who prefer a more intimate experience. Please inquire while making a reservation if you are interested in reserving one during your stay!
All of our cabins are 100% NON-SMOKING. You may smoke outside the cabin and ashtrays are provided at the picnic tables. There will be a $500.00 cleaning charge if the cabin smells like smoke.
There is a grocery store and laundromat less than 2 miles away in the downtown Wisconsin Dells area.
Charcoal, ice and limited sundries, snacks, etc. will also be available for sale at the resort at our gift/snack shop. Please call or stop by the office to purchase.
There is a park-style charcoal grill & picnic table outside of each cabin. Each cabin has a flat screen television equipped with a DVD player. The TVs pick up a limited number of LOCAL channels and a number of DVDs are available for rental at the front office. All cabins have heat and air conditioning.
There are NO phones or computer hookups in the cabins. Free Wi-Fi is available on site at the lodge and the password can be requested at the front desk.
Pets are welcome to visit too, but are allowed in designated pet-friendly cabins ONLY. Advance notice is required and there is a $15/night cleaning fee per pet.
Please view our pet policy at the bottom of this page.
Birchcliff Resort wants EVERYONE to have an incredible stay and experience. As such, we ask that guests respect each other in sustaining a quiet, relaxing atmosphere where fun is the ultimate goal. We will not tolerate loud music, raucous partying or other disrespectful behavior which detracts from the experience we aim to provide all of our guests. Quiet hours begin at 11:00 PM.
Violations of quiet hours may result in eviction from property. No refunds.
If you have any questions, issues or comments during your stay, please reach out to staff and we will respond as quickly as possible. We pride ourselves on providing personal and timely service to all of our visitors.
Birchcliff Resort reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, does not allow “outside” visitors and will not be responsible for accidents or injury to our guests or for loss of money, jewelry or valuables of any kind.
Thank you for abiding by our Pet Policies. In order to maintain a comfortable environment for all of our guests and comply with insurance recommendations we have created the following Pet Policy. Even well-behaved pets can act unpredictably in a new or different environment, so for the safety and enjoyment of all of our guests, there will be no exceptions to these policies, so please do not ask. Please make yourself aware of our pet policy before arrival.
- I will be responsible for my pet(s) and considerate of other guests and the employees/owners of Birchcliff Resort.
- I understand a maximum of two dogs per cabin is allowed.
- I assure that my pet is older than 9 months and is house-trained.
- I understand there is a $15/night per pet non-refundable pet cleaning fee.
- I will clean up immediately after my pet, anywhere on the grounds.
- I agree that an additional security deposit of $100 per pet shall be paid upon arrival and forfeited in the event of damage to property (includes: on the grounds, interior of cabin and area outside of cabin), excessive cleaning required, inappropriate pet behavior, or non compliance of pet rules. I will be responsible for all related costs even If damage exceeds security deposit amount.
- I agree to report pet damage immediately upon occurrence to facilitate timely repairs/corrections/cleanup. Waiting until checkout to report pet damage can potentially increase my financial responsibility.
- I understand that the pet(s) shall not be left unattended unless crated. When crated and unattended, Birchcliff personnel will have on file a phone number to reach a responsible member of our party in the case of excessive barking, in which case a responsible member will immediately return and attend to pet.
- I will keep my pet(s) leashed and under control when outside the cabin. I understand there are no pets allowed in pool area or around main community campfire. I will remove my pet from other public areas if other guests are uncomfortable.
- I accept all responsibility of my pet(s) and their actions. Birchcliff will not be held responsible for any damage/harm done by my pet, or harm brought to my pet (such as dangers of predators, accidents, loss, runaway, illness, etc.)
- I understand that pets are allowed in designated cabins only, and I will not allow my pets in any cabin that is not pet-friendly.
- I will take extra care to prohibit my pet from getting on the furniture or I will use the linens provided to cover up furniture to reduce the need for excessive cleaning.
All rates are subject to 10.5% Sales/Room tax and a 2.99% resort processing fee. The resort processing fee is based off of the unit’s full/non-discounted rate even if you are staying at a promotional or discounted rate.
Deposit Policy: Reservations are confirmed with your advance deposit of one night’s lodging charges plus taxes and payment of the resort processing fee for the duration of your stay. For stays of 3 days or more a larger deposit of 1/3 of the total cost for your stay may be required. Modifications to your confirmed reservation (ie. adding to the number of people in your party or upgrading cabins/length of stay) may also increase your deposit amount. For stays booked under a promotional rate or discount package, payment in full is required upon reservation in lieu of any deposit.
Cancellation Policy: All reservation deposits and payments are non-refundable. Any notice of cancellation received less than 72 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date/time are subject to a penalty equal to the full balance due on your reservation. If the reservation has not been paid in full and you don’t show up to complete check-in by 11:59 PM CST on the arrival date of the reservation, Birchcliff Resort reserves the right to rent the cabin to another guest. Any proceeds received from this new guest will be deducted from the outstanding penalty owed in accordance with this cancellation policy.
A 2 to 5 night minimum stay may be required depending on the dates of your visit. Guests will be notified of any minimum night stay requirement when making a reservation. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
The balance on your account is Due at Check-In: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, cash or travelers checks will be accepted. WE DO NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS.
A valid ID matching the guest name on the reservation is required at check-in. Guests wishing to pay the balance due via cash, travelers check or debit card may be subject to a cash deposit of $200 or hold placed on their debit card in the amount of $200 if these payment methods are chosen.
Pets are allowed in designated cabins ONLY and advance notice is required. There is a non-refundable $15/night cleaning fee per pet payable at check-in and a deposit may be required in accordance with our pet policy.
You are responsible for all outstanding liabilities arising from your reservation in accordance with local law and resort policies.
Receive exclusive early special offers on rooms and more!